I know that it is very hard for us to part with our hard-earned money and we wish that we get everything for free but it is not possible. So, for any service we take, we need to pay money for it. I am going to explain and try to justify my charges so that you know why I charge what I charge.
Please read the background at the end which will reinforce the points I state.
- I don’t make a fool out of my clients: I don’t charge for small work which will take maximum 1 hour. I have seen almost all the freelancers and companies making a fool of the clients by stating that the work is very lengthy but in reality, it is trivial and will not take more than 1 hour
- I am not working full time anywhere else: I work full time for myself and devote whole 8 hours working on your project
- I am prompt and available to help you out: I will reply promptly and on time to your queries and be available to help you in your project
- I code securely: When I code, I make sure that it is not hackable. I spend time and money on researching and securing the code so that you don’t face any downtime and embarrassment
- When I develop, I develop without bugs: The number of bugs in my code is low as I take good care and take full responsibility of your project
- I treat your project as mine: I treat every project as mine. I promptly suggest ideas and technology which will help your project scale up and it is because I treat a project not as a mere project but my own baby
- I hand hold you every step of the way: I know that you are not technical and want somebody to take care of everything. That is where I come in. You don’t have to take tension as regards to technology stack and do what you do best, taking care of your business
- I provide good after sales support: Many people/companies don’t provide any after sales support once the project is delivered. I provide support like meeting after project delivery, any small enhancements, any questions etc. All these are free of cost and not charged to you
- I work as a consultant and not just a developer: You can ask me anything related to technology. Even if you want to ask me which card swipe machine you should take, I will be able to suggest you something
- I suggest what is best for your business: I want you to save money and not spend unnecessarily. I actually suggest ways to you to save cost on infrastructure. This has resulted in my clients saving huge costs in long term
- I spend time in learning about new technology: IT changes so often and so fast that many developers are out of date if they don’t spend time on learning new things. I spend time dedicatedly so that I know what is going on in the technology field and as a result I am able to handle your requirements well
- You are under my protection: Click here to know what I mean
Doing good work takes time and money. I cannot offer you good services without charging for them. So, I believe that my charges are justified.
A little story
Recently I was working on a project for a client which involved mobile app development and web dashboard development. Due to some delay on the side of the client and my prior commitment, I had to ask my client to give the web work to somebody else. He gave it to a freelancer who quoted him 1/3rd of the price which I quoted. He was very happy and thought, good to get my work done for so less as Gaurav was expensive in comparison.
After I finished my commitment, I called up the client and he was not happy with the freelancer’s work. I asked him why and he gave me the following reasons:
- The freelancer was not replying to my client’s emails on time
- The freelancer did not deliver on dates mentioned
- The freelancer was not available for discussions as he was working full time somewhere else and was working only in nights which resulted in delays
- The freelancer’s code was not commented and he also deleted the production database once without taking a backup
- For doing even a small change, he would charge my client exorbitantly
- The code was not secure. I was able to hack the web dashboard very easily
- He refused to give the source code without a handsome compensation
All this resulted in my client facing delays and paying the freelancer more than what I had quoted. My client was frustrated and felt foolish to not wait for my return. He got lured by cheap pricing.
If you want to be fooled, taken advantage of and be held at ransom, go ahead and hire a cheap agency or a freelancer. In this case I am not the right person for you. But if you want a trustworthy person, want to have a partner, then I am the right person and I am there for you.
If you want an Audi car, you have to pay accordingly. You cannot buy an Audi at the price of Maruti 800.
Don’t let your business or idea suffer in the longterm for the sake of saving few thousands today. You will surely regret it later.
Invest in a good partner and you will see the benefits soon.
If you are still not convinced, Click here to know how the freelance developers and companies make money by fooling you.